Anyways, I finally bit the bullet and did a simple patchwork of 6" (finished) squares.
When I put it together, it was still a little smaller than I wanted, so I added a Bella Ivory and scrappy border and binding. I bought larger pieces of my two favorite prints to use on the back, and pieced the remainder on the back.
I finished the backing and top back in June. I was going to attempt to quilt it on my machine, but had some major problems. Once again, my wonderful mother came through and offered to quilt it for me. I got it back from her in August or September (she lives about 5 hours away), but just finished hand-stitching the binding. I don't like how my machine binding turns out and I don't mind having something to work on while I'm watching TV. I found a tutorial for a ladder stitch for binding and it really went much faster... after I already had half of the binding done.