Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Swoon-Along

I'm joining the swoon-along started by Katy over at I'm a ginger monkey! I bought the pattern last summer and decided to use some Art Gallery fabric I bought at sample spree in October. I wasn't really wanting to have many fabric repeats, so I added in some additional Art Gallery prints from other lines and a couple of solids. 
Swoon by frauntiek

The Swoon-along goal is one block a week. So far, I have one cut out. That counts, right? It's taking a little longer for me to do the cutting. Rachael from Stitched in Color said when she made the quilt, there was lot of wasted fabric the way the flying geese were pieces. I made a couple pieces to gauge the finished size and borrowed my mom's flying geese ruler and am trying to cut them out this way. I'm going to sew this block up first to make sure all my measurements are correct. I don't trust myself that much :). I'll try to post as I get the blocks done. I think I'm going to put the finished product in my guest bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment