Thursday, December 29, 2011

Teaching

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I've had this saved for a while, so here's something to read while I work on a post for Christmas gifts I made.

I don't have any friends that live close that really like to sew. They will go to the fabric store with me to appease me and happily accept anything I make, but that's about the extent of it. I keep hoping I rub off on one of them and I think I finally have!

 Back in October, I was making a "quick" trip to my lqs and asked a friend if she wanted to go. I think she agreed just to see what the fuss was about. And, I promised we could go to In-n-Out after (she used to live in LA). She ended up buying a yard of Moda's Hometown line, thinking she would use it for some kind of art work in her new house. While we were there, she casually asked if I would teach her how to sew! She started off asking about a bag or purse, but since she's never sewn, I suggested something a little easier, with more straight lines, like a pillow. Fast forward 2 months and we finally had our sewing date! She came over for dinner with her puppy, Tosh.



Tosh got to play with my fur-baby, Lucy while we sewed. I helped with the cutting out and pinning and gave her a brief sewing demo and she did the rest!

 
Pardon the photo.... I got the good camera out for puppy pictures, but not for finished product pictures.

I think she enjoyed herself! I have a request for a follow-up trip to the fabric store to pick something out for another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment