I used this pant pattern. I just added the bottom band of fabric onto the pant pattern. The shirt was on sale at Walmart for $2. I ripped the pocket off and added a raw-edged applique from this fabric. I originally bought the fabric at lilliesthimble.com, but I cleaned them out (see this post). They were a little big in the waist, so I took the elastic in a bit. Overall, it was a success. It's hard making things for people when they aren't around to try them on. A's Mom liked hers too, but I didn't get a picture of those.
A wasn't feeling well that night, but she was a trooper and let me take pictures anyways. Here we are in the finished products!
I have some other finishes to show you as soon as I am home in the daylight hours to get pictures. A few others will have to wait until after Christmas so we don't ruin any surprises!