Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fabric Shopping

Before the birthday party, my mom and I had a shopping date :) Those are the best, even if we are bad influences on each other. We went to Cabbage Rose in Fort Worth, my favorite lqs. They have a rewards program, where once you spend $xxx you get $40 off (Disclaimer: I didn't want to get in trouble for putting how much you have to spend to get that. By my husband, that is. In my defense, it has taken me about 4 years to accumulate it.). I was planning on just spending that, as I'm trying to cut back on fabric purchases (sad face) since I don't have time to do anything with what I have. But it was free, so it doesn't count, right?

I have been collecting fabric for what will one day be a king size spider web quilt, like this or a sting quilt like this, I can't decide. We are probably going to need a new mattress in the future, so maybe by the time we save up for it, I'll have this finished. Here's what I purchased:
l to r: Echo, Secret Garden, AMH, Hello, Luscious, Curious Nature, Papillion, and Terrain
1st 4 are Garden Wall, last two are free spirit, but I don't remember who and can't find it! if you know, let me know and I'll add it :)
And some Lark, of course!

A couple of the prints from the bottom two pictures came from Quilter's Stash in Southlake, but their website is down right now.

I'm planning on using gray for the negative space in the quilt and am trying to focus on greens, teals, purples and colors like that.

I also got this pattern that I've been wanting for a while. I have a few cuts of voile that I need to make up into dresses and thought this would be great. I just need to find something to line it with. Voile can be kind of expensive, so I was wanting to use something else for lining, but I'm not sure now. I'll probably break down and buy some...

Needless to say, I didn't make it in my $40 budget. Oops! 

No comments:

Post a Comment